Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A Visit to the Bauhaus

Research in the library, reading books, hours at a time; it's all good and dandy. However, nothing can compare to the real thing. Therefore, this winter, I decided to grab a few friends (thank you Maria and Tobi) and made a trip to the Bauhaus in Dessau. It has recently been restored to the way it looked in the 20's and early 30's.

To me it was quite special to visit the Bauhaus, since this project has been on my mind for the last two years. Seeing the Bauhaus in person has brought a whole new layer to my writing. I feel much more connected to the students. I can imagine them, roaming through the hallways, painting on their balconies, and laughing in the cafeteria.

This visit has definitely nudged the script in a much better direction.

If you are interested in more pictures, go have a look at the Slideshow or the photo gallery.

PS: I'd like to thank the wonderful team at the Bauhaus, who organized this private tour for us!